Moderators: Lothair Mantelar, Sauegjeteren

Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Gode sitater

Post by Terje »

Har du hørt noe du mener er godt sagt? Ikke vær en gjerrigknark, del det! :D

Her en noen av mine, oppsamla gjennom cirka et år:

Sometimes things seem impossible to us, but maybe that's just because we're all slackers.
- Larry Wall

"Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral."
- PAULO FREIRE

Terje in binary is 0101010001100101011100100110101001100101
- Woock

You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion.... Dogs do not ritually urinate in the hope of persuading heaven to do the same and send down rain. Asses do not bray a liturgy to cloudless skies. Nor do cats attempt, by abstinence from cat?s meat, to wheedle the feline spirits into benevolence. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, quite intelligent enough.
- Aldous Huxley

"For thousands of years our ancestors have refined the noble art of procrastination. Today, with new IT-technology, we find even more ways of postponement. From hacking governmental databases to simply playing solitaire, we guarantee the procrastinator a multi-faceted experience and improvement of his procrastinating-repertoire.

Come join the future - in just five more minutes."
- Loki

Fain's loonier than Bugs Bunny on crack.
- Lord Scimitar, Wotmania Theorypost: "The Impersonator"

If you had enough money, you could hardly commit crimes at all. You just perpetrated amusing little peccadilloes.
- Sam Vimes, Men at Arms

Terje - Flugufrelsarinn sier:
Morsomt lesestoff jeg har, forresten: "Når et fenomen eller en egenskap antar ulike former, og forekomsten av de ulike formene kan måles, omtales det som en variabel"
Loke sier:
"Når en setning eller et utsagn kan virke overflødig eller selvsagt, og det er generell enighet om dette hos den mottakende part, omtales det som "Vel, duh!" "
- Replikkveksling over MSN mellom Loki og Terje

Doors Xp - for the man who is in too bad a shape to climb through windows
- Loki

Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
- Mat Cauthon

"Sometimes knights are the monsters"
- Meera, "A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow"

"My visions of the future is pretty much standard issue. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and there are flying cars."
- Joss Whedon

Myndighetene fikk panikk og angrep obskure nasjoner for å være på den sikre siden. ("Ta den, Tadjikistan!")
- Fakta fra verden

"I can no longer hear the green"
- Illyria

"I want you, Lindsey."
- Angel

"I play this game. It's pointless and annoys me. And yet I am compelled to play on."
- Illyria

"You want to take my power. To let me live. But I AM my power. And I would rather be a titanic crater than to like onto you."
- Illyria

"Change is constant, yet things remain the same."
- Illyria

"If you want to win a war, you must serve no master but your ambition."
- Illyria

"The true leader is as moral as a hurricane: Empty but for the horror of his gale."
- Illyria

"Heroes don't accept the world the way it is, they fight it."
- Lindsey

"And one world made entirely out of shrimp. I tired of that one quickly."
- Illyria

"To never die and to conquer all, that is victory."
- Illyria

"Adaption is compromise."
- Illyria

"Intendum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum." ("Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large portions of Europe")
- ukjent (http://www.blueharvest.net/home/latin.html)

Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
-Arthur Dent, to Slartibartfast

If I ever found myself needing to build an artifact whose sole purpose was to reinforce the failing structure pf the universe, I would somehow see fit to NOT include a self destruct mechanism!!!
- V, The Order of the Stick

"it's not easy being witty, when you're talking to a half-wit"
- Meg i samtale med Loki, i referanse til meg selv (som half-wit, altså).

EDIT: Fant noen flere, disse er alle fantasyrelaterte:

"Freedom was an altar supplicants struggled to reach all their lives, clawing the smooth floor until blood spattered the gleaming, flawless stone, yet the truth was it remained for ever beyond the grasp of mortals. Even as any sacrifice was justified in it's gloried name. For all that, she [karakteren, min anm.] knew that blasphemy was a hollow crime. Freedom was no god, and if it was, and if it had a face turned upon its worshippers, its expression was mocking. A slave's chains stole something he or she had never owned."
- Seren Pedac, Steven Eriksons Midnight Tides.

"You take your natural vices and call them virtues. Of which greed is the most despicable. That and the betrayal of commonality. After all, whoever decided that competition is always and without exception a healthy attribute? Why that particular path to self esteem? Your heel on the hand of the one below. This is worth something? Let me tell you, it's worth nothing. Nothing lasting. Every moment that exists beyond the moment - no matter which king, emperor or warrior lays claim to it - is actually a testament to the common, to cooperation, to the plural rather than the singular."
- Bugg, aka. Mael (sjøguden), i Steven Eriksons Midnight Tides.

"Anyway, if you stopped tellin' people it's all sorted out after they're dead, they might try sorting it all out while they're still alive."
- Adam Young, aka. Antikrist, til representanter for himmelen og [varmt sted], i Pratchett & Gaimans Good Omens.

"Feather Witch, the question of what is deserved should rarely, if ever be aksed. Asking it leads to deadly judgement, and acts of unmitigated evil. Atrocity visited in the name of justice breeds its own atrocity."
- Udinaas, i Midnight Tides.

"Honor is to be trusted. Fortune is to be shared. Else, what are we?"
- Keltil the Gaul, i Norman Spinrads The Druid King.

"... we hold the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."
- Lord Eddard Stark, A Game of Thrones.

"The common people pray for rain, or healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace.
They never are."
- Ser Jorah Mormont, A Game of Thrones.

"The heart of a stallion would make her son strong and swift and fearless, or so the Dothraki believed, but only if the mother could eat it all. If she choked on the blood or retched up the flesh, the omens were less favourable; the child might be stillborn, or come forth weak, deformed or female."
- Daenerys Targaryen, A Game of Thrones.

"If life was worthless, what was death?"
- Daenerys Targaryen, A Game of Thrones.

"King Joffrey and king Robb and king Stannis were forgotten, and King Bread ruled alone."
- Tyrion Lannister, når han tenker på den oppviglerske folkemassen i A Clash of Kings.

"Starving men take a hard view of priests too fat to walk."
- Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings.

"Sometimes I think everyone's just pretending to be brave, and none of us really are. Maybe pretending to be brave is how you get brave, I don't know."
- Grenn, A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow.

"Everyone's always telling me I'm doing things wrong, but they never tell what I should do. Oh, it's so beatly, knowing everyone only wants you for your womb!"
- Bellyra, til Nevyn, i Katharine Kerrs A Time of Omens.
Last edited by Terje on Sat May 13, 2006 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
"Vivo equidem vitamque extrema per omnia duco!"
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
Loki
Nae’blis
Nae’blis

Post by Loki »

Skal forsøke begrense denne posten... Terje tok så mange Angel-sitat at eg vil forsøke balansere ut med ein del andre tv-seriar... :lol:

Fyrst ein del frå Lex Luthor, i "Lois & Clark, the New Adventures of Superman" :

"It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow."

"So, I wonder. Can you beg for your life? No. Too un-Superman. I understand."

"You were an itch. You've been scratched."

"No, Nigel, something terrible's happened. Something catastrophic. (...) Not like you or any other normal person, perhaps, but, in my own strange, perverted way, I have succumbed. I've fallen in love, hopelessly, eternally. I'm in love with Lois Lane. (...) I'm doomed."

"Superman has a defect. He has a chink in his armor. Superman has morals. He has ethics. He is unrelentingly good. Because of that, I will win,"

Så SAU, på MSN:
"hvordan tror du at james bond hadde vært, om klokken hans hadde vært ladet med håndgranater?

han hadde vært død, skal jeg si deg"

Meir Luthor, denne gong frå "Smallville":

Lex : "You offered the woman I love $100 000 to leave me."
Lionel : "I did you a favour. That was the ultimate test of loyalty. You should be thanking me".
Lex : "Thanking you? Well, my thank-you note must be lost in the mail along with your wedding invitation."

"Coincidence is an explanation used by fools and liars." - Lionel Luthor

Lionel (to his bastard son Lucas) : "Well, you wouldn't be a Luthor if somebody wasn't trying to kill you."

Lionel (to Jonathan Kent about giving Jonathan's wife a gold watch) "It's all relative. A gold watch from me is equalivent to a Whitman sampler from you."

"I value their hatred, I find it very useful. You see, people are always at their weakest when they're angry." - Lionel Luthor

Lex: Father, you've always told me to choose my battles wisely
Lionel: I hope I didn't use such an obvious cliche.

Lionel: "No, no, love has a way of blinding even the sharpest minds. We don't look because we don't want to see. But once love has been stripped away, then we see the real person clearly. They're revealed to us with all their flaws, their foibles, and their secrets."

Eg antek de er lei av Luthors, så kva med Richard Fish frå "Ally McBeal"?

"We laugh together, we love together...why introduce the notion that it could all work out?"

"Ally, one of the keys to life is the fast forward. Every movie has its lousy parts. The trick is to fast forward through. As time passes, you look back and say 'oh that little adultery thing, oh that.' Fast Forward to then, right now, and you are over it."

"*holding up a woman's shoe* Why would a grown person wear these? They are hugely uncomfortable, make it easier to fall, cause back problems, but, hey call it fashion. What kind of person would spend an equivalent of two years painting her face and plucking out her eyebrows, and putting silicone or saline in her chest? There is a name for this kind of person, 'woman.' Why? Because, we 'men' like it. Don't talk to me about equality. Don't tell me you aren't disabled."

"Everyone is alone. It's just easier to take when in a relationship."

"Make enough money and everything else will follow"

"Let me tell you something, I didn't become a lawyer because I like the law, the law sucks. It's boring, but it can also be used as a weapon. You want to bankrupt somebody? Cost him everything he's worked for? Make his wife leave him, even make his kids cry..yeah, we can do that."

"There is no embarrassing way to make money."

"Don't bring the law into this, somebody's dead; there's money here."

"Is that your two cents? I'd be looking for change."

"For whatever reason, people would never trust me, so I started being unscrupulous on purpose, and that way, I felt in control of people's reactions."

"Personal questions don't bother me. I just lie."

"I don't mind losing, it's high profile losing that is not good."

I can't do anything about it, but I'd be happy to sympathize."

"You've got to remember, you're not who you are. You're only what other people think of you."

"I plan to have character one day, great character, but if you want to be rich you better get the money before the scruples set in."

"She did it [the crime]. If we win we are heros, we pulled off a miracle. If we lose the wacko goes to jail, justice is served. It is a win/win!"

Og min personlege favoritt: "Quiet! Let me ignore you one at a time."

Så, etter all denne herleg kynismen, ein Ole Brumm:

"Sprett er meget klok," sa Brumm og nikket alvorlig med hodet.
"Ja, " sa Nøff, "Sprett er klok."
"Og han har god forstand," sa Brumm.
"Ja, " sa Nøff. "Sprett har god forstand."
Så var det stille en lang stund.
"Det er kanskje derfor, "sa Brumm ,"at han aldri forstår noe som helst."

Og når me snakkar om underfundig naivitet...

"Excellent, a story, I love a good story! But don't tell the one about the child born in a stable and dying young and all that. It always spoil the Xmas Atmos."
- Prince Regent George, "Blackadder: a Christmas Carol"

Me tek ein Blackadder til, så får det vere nok, byrjar eg fyrst der blir eg aldri ferdig:

"There was only one fault with the plan. It was bullocks!"
- Captain Edmund Blackadder of the British Army, "Blackadder Marches Forth"

Og assorterte:

"If you were on fire, I wouldn't even bother to cross the street to piss on you!" - Ghuda, "Prince of the Blood"

"All people are easier to controll when they have the illusion of choice" - The Architect, "Matrix Reloaded"

"I love cursing in the French tongue. It's like wiping your ass with silk." - Merovingian, "Matrix Reloaded"

"Death is lighter then a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
- må eg fortelje dykk det har de ingenting her å gjere...

"Selv om vinden blåser aldri så hardt, kan ikke fjellet knele for den." - Keiseren, Mulan

"Jeg tenkte at nå skal vi se hva dette er for no drit, og ganske riktig, det var det" - Knut Nærum

"Dere to kan ikke engang slå en spiker i en kukake uten å ødelegge begge deler!
Bønder! Piss meg i øret!" - Benny, The Julekalender

"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant,
cash & carry, Carry Me Back To Old Virginia, I'll even Hara Kari if you show me how, but I will *not* carry a gun."
- Hawkeye, M*A*S*H

"The Fraggle is, most assuredly, the best of all possible creatures."
- Travelling Mac, "Fraggle Rock"

"You get what anyone gets... You get a lifetime." - Death, "Sandman"

"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor."
- Dream,"Sandman"

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"Sometimes knights are the monsters" - Meera, "A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow"

"I feel that my only job in life is to be myself." - Maxine Grey "Judging Amy"

"In my experience, nothing ever comes out as the picture in the book." - Maxine Grey "Judging Amy"

"We're making gingerbread-boys"
"I believe you mean gingerbread-men."
"Don't be disgusting, Doc, grown men have body-hair!" - Eric og Sheldon i "Dave's Verden"

"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning,
or mean that it is a good morning wheter I want it or not;
or that you feel good on this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf "The Hobbit or There and Back again"

Jeg er ikke noen grinebiter jeg. Så lenge jeg får viljen min, er jeg jo blid som ei lerke
- Otto Jespersen

Ein passasje frå "A Feast for Crows":
"You would abandon your king when he needs you most," she told him. "You would abandon Tommen."
"Tommen has his mother." Ser Kevan's green eyes met her own, unblinking. A last drop of wine trembled wet and red beneath his chin, and finally fell. "Aye," he added softly, after a pause, "and his father too, I think."

Litt "Buffy the Vampire Slayer":
[Buffy] Lie to me.
[Giles] Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.
[Buffy] Liar.

Buffy: "Native Americans"
GileS: "What?"
Buffy: "Native Americans, not Indians."
Giles: "Oh. Right. Well, you'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit behind on the terms. Still trying not to refer to you lot as bloody colonials."

Jack: "COMPUTERS!"
Dennis: "Yes, they're scary at first, but don't worry, you'll get use to them, just like fire."
- "Just Shoot Me"

"Det einaste som overgår min urokkelege tru på individets potensiale til å gjere det rette er min skråsikre overbevisning om at menneske generelt er håplause idioter som alltid gjer alt feil."
- meg, februar 2005

"I'm a parent. I haven't got the luxury of principles." - Benjamin Martin, "The Patriot"

"I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." - Bruce Wayne, "Identity Crisis"

"Take them hard and fast. And whatever you do, don't tangle with the Joker. I trust you to handle anything human. But he doesn't qualify." - Azrael, "Batman: No Man's Land"

"God. My brilliance is now becoming a bit of a burden. Get back to me."
- Dr. Cox, "Scrubs"

Edit: klippa bort ein del "Song of Ice and Fire"-sitat Terje hadde lagt til i sin alt

"Always so occupied with the human condition. What's so complicated? They suffer, they die, that's what they're there for!"
- Angelus

Og så den eine Terje droppa:
"You don't worship me at all, do you?"
- Illyria

Og for å avslutte, ein veldig ironisk ein tatt i betraktning denne postens lengde:
Marcus T. Cicero, “If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.”
Last edited by Loki on Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34, edited 1 time in total.
Obdormio wrote:Eg må stå opp og gå på skulen i morgon.

Det veit eg slett ikkje om eg er mentalt førebudd på.
WoTle wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 18:00Meir av dette og mindre av Lan som pissar medan Alanna ser på, takk!
Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Post by Terje »

Jeg har nå gått gjennom alle de ca. 100 sitatene i sitatboka mi, og plukka ut de brukbare. Værsågod:

My Chief occupation, is to fight ignorance and prejudices in this country. (...) I must enlighten my people, cultivate their manners, and make them as happy as human beings can be, or as happy as the means at my disposal permit.
- Frederik den Store i et brev til sine gode venn Voltaire

Ever heard of the World Serpent?
Ever wondered why the Marianas Trench connects is connected to the Japan Trench, which becomes the Aleutian Trench -- and so on -- in one long ocean-spanning arc of disturbed earth?
What gouges out a hole that deep and more than two thousand miles long?
- The Sandman Presents: Taller Tales

I dansen om gullkalven [aka. Oljefondet, min anm.] er det lokal autonomi og et meningsfylt lokalt folkestyre som ofres.
- Harald Baldersheim og Lawrence E. Rose, Norsk statsvitenskaplig tidsskrift, nr. 3/03

Anyway, if you stopped tellin' people it's all sorted out after they're dead, they might try sorting it all out while they're alive.
- Adam Young, aka. Antikrist, til Himmelens og Helvetes representanter, Good Omens

De gode gjerninger redder verden.
- Angivelig Bjørnstjerne Bjørnsons siste ord

Roger Bacon, som jeg anser som min læremester, forklarte oss at den gudommelige plan med tiden ville virkeliggjøre seg ved hjelp av maskinene, som vi ville komme til å se på som en sunn og naturlig magi. Ved hjelp av naturens krefter ville vi en gang kunne konstruere instrumenter slik at skip vil kunne navigere 'unico homine regente', bare styrt av et enkelt menneske, langt raskere enn ved bruk av bare seil og årer, det ville bli vogner 'ut sine animale moveantur cum impetu inaestimabili', som kunne bevege seg uten noe levende vesen, helt uberegnelig, 'et instrumenta volandi et homo sedens in medio instrumenta revolvens ali quod ingenium per quod alae artificialiter composita acrem verberent, ad modum avis volantis' (altså flyvende instrumenter med et menneske sittende inni, ved hjelp av kunstige vinger som etterlinger fuglen).
- William fra Baskerville, Rosens Navn

Jeg er fisken, som svømmer mod strømmen, hvilket er prektigt -- bare af den grun, at så bliver en fri for lus og annet utøj; -- men man spør ikke strømmen, hvad den synes om at en trodser den.
- Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson

Men når det er eiendomsretten til det jordiske som står på spill, er det ikke lett for menneskene å handle rettferdig.
- Adso fra Melk, Rosens Navn

Det er bare en ting som opphisser de dyriske menneskene mer enn glede, og det er smerte. Under tortur får du de samme visjonene som ved hjelp av giftige planter. Alt det du har hørt fortalt, og alt du har lest, kommer strømmende, mens du blir drevet, ikke mot himmelen, men til helvete. Under tortur sier du ikke bare det inkvisitoren vil, men også alt du tror kan glede ham, fordi det oppstår et slags forhold (ja, nettopp det, for dette er virkelig diabolsk), et forhold mellom deg og ham.

Mors est quies vitoris -- finis est omnis laboris. (Døden er vandrerens tilfluktssted, den er slutten på alt strev.)
- Umbertino fra Casale, Rosens Navn

Øl laget man ikke for å moralisere over, men for å drikke.
- Theodore Maynard

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Benjamin Franklin

Staten er erobra fra innsida, av mennesker som ikke vil den vel, som ikke tror det finnes en størrelse vi kan kalle samfunn, og som dessuten er dårlige i matte.
- Muligens Erling Dokk Holm

Søvn midt på dagen er som kjødets lyst: jo mer man har fått, jo mer vil man ha, likevel føler man seg uvel, tilfreds og utilfreds på samme tid.

War is capitalism with the gloves off.
- Tom Stoppard

Money is te alienated essence of Man's life and labour, and this alien essence dominates him as he worships it.
- Karl Marx, On the Jewish Question

Jeg tror ikke han lo. Han var Guds allvitende sønn og visste hva kristne kom til å finne på.

The Epicureans believed in gods, but then held that they had bodies made of a very refined type of matter. (They live somewhere far, far from here in a state of divine bliss and untroubled happiness -- paying no attention to human life whatsoever. Opponents said this was just a way of being atheists without admitting it.)
- A Very Short Introduction To Philosophy

Kvinnen er Djevelens farligste våpen.

For husk: det er ved hjelp av kvinnen Djevelen trenger seg inn i mannens hjerte.

Inntil nå gikk jeg ut fra at bøker bare handlet om det som lå innenfor bøkenes verden, gudommelig eller menneskelig. Men jeg burde selvfølgelig være klar over at ikke sjelden snakker bøker om bøker som om de snakket med hverandre, men da blir biblioteket enda mer urovekkende. Det er jo stedet for århundrelang mumlende samtale, en uhørlig stille dialog mellom pergament og pergament, det blir noe levende, et tilholdssted for krefter som ikke lar seg dominere av et enkelt intellekt, et skattkammer av hemmeligheter, hentet fra mange representanter for den mennesklige ånd og de overlever alle dem som har vært opphavet, for alt formidles videre.

Together we stand
Divided we fall
- Pink Floyd, "Hey You", The Wall

Jo mer jeg ser av menneskene, jo gladere blir jeg i min hund.
- Ludvig XV

Den som er ærgjerrig, er ikke glad.
- Bård Skolemester, En Glad Gut

Men det synes jeg om, at du tager det alvorlige alvorligt; thi ellers kan du ikke le af det, det er Fjas.
- Bård Skolemester, En Glad Gut

Når du ser en annen mann, er han enten din bror i religionen eller din bror som medmenneske.
- Imam Ali

There's a whole shelfload of Christian commentaries about how good suffering is for the soul. Have you read them? They're great fun.
- Lucifer Morningstar, Devil in the Gateway

Thirsty sorrow drinks our love.
- W.S.

Laughter kills fear, and without fear, there is no Faith. If man no longer fear the Devil, what need has he of God?
- Jorge til William, Name of the Rose (filmen)

Den som spotter den fattige, håner hans Skaper, den som gleder seg over ulykke, slipepr ikke straff.
- Salomos Ordspråk

Aldri stol på noe som kan tenke sjøl, hvis du ikke kan se hvor det har gjort av hjernen sin.
- Artur Wiltersen, Mysteriekammeret

Noen har en fløyte i sin nese
Andre en trompet i sin hals
Disse lager lyder når de sover
I drømmenes varme vals
- Terje, Røros 29.12.05

It has always been the prerogative of chikdren and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes.
But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and te emperor remains an emperor.
Morpheus, Sandman: The Kindly Ones

Even the oldest stories are new to somebody...
- Amelia Crupp", "Mother", Sandman: The Kindly Ones

One misses the extraordinary penetration of the old man.
- Lord Salisbury om Bismarck, etter forhandlinger med Wilhelm II

You can learn a lot in a small dark room. Don't let anyone tell you different.
- Ulfnog, Neverwinter Nights

Jeg er dypt og grunnleggende uenig i det du sier, og vil gladelig ofre livet for å stoppe kjeften på deg.
- Meg, ca. 8. februar 2006

You use the word 'issues' in connection with me again, and I'll kill your children.
- Ulysses Gett, Preacher: War in the Sun

I bleed from the neck, and he gets the props.
- Lorne, Angel

I know I am both highly beautiful and intelligent, but I simply don't have all the answers.
- Bree, en Neverwinter Woods-druide, Neverwinter Nights

En långfinger åt döden
- Kent, Dom Andra

Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel.
- Sinbad, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

The one who is patient, obtains.
- Koura, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

Staten och kapitalen
dom sitter i samma båt
fast det är inte dom som ror
ror så svettan lackar
og pisken som skimlar
skimlar inte heller
deras fete nackar
- Ebba Grön, Staten och kapitalen

Cedant tenebrae soli (mørket må vike for sola)
- Ukjent (for meg)

Na Kerls! Wollt ihr denn ewig leben?
- Fredrik den Store til sine tropper før et slag, som sitert i Bjørneboes "Under en hårdere himmel"

Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.
- Ukjent (for meg)

Du kan ikke vende landt mot seg selv. Ikke lenge, da gjør det opprør. Du må forme tankene etter landet, ikke landet etter tankene.
- Loial, Verdens Øye, kapittel 36

Du kan ikke gi opp, Loial. Du må aldri gi opp. Hvis du gir opp, kunne du like gjerne vært død.
- rand til Loial, Verdens Øye

Du kan ikke gi ordrer til en som ga deg dask for å naske fiken da du var liten.
- Gawyn, om forholdet mellom Elayne og Lini, Verdens Øye

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.
- Nirvana, Territorial Pissings

Hadde jeg vært en tanke mer beskjeden, hadde jeg vært perfekt.
- Glupus, Fantonald: Jordskjelv

Damn, another hero wannabe, now he sleeps with his friends in the mortuary.
- Fugees

But I believe in this
and it's been tested by research
he who fucks nuns
wil later join the Church
- The Clash, Death And Glory

Cæsar slo gallerne
Hadde han ikke engang med seg en kokk?
- Berthold Brecht, En lesende arbeiders spørsmål

Demokrati er når de fattige seirer.
- Platon, Staten

Økonomisk liberalisme og sosialdarwinsime har skremmende mye til felles.
- Meg, muligens i 2004

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.
- Manic Street Preachers

I cannot be held responsible for the things coming out of my mouth.
- Jackie, That 70s Show

Sothi Nuinqua Tsalarioth (fatithful beyond Death)
- Mottoet til en gammel konges livvakter, der de står i hans mausoleum, Dragonlance: Dragons of...

The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge know to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgement of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government, whether Nazi or Communist.
- Winston Churchill, 1943

Hva får deg til å tro at det noensinne vil ta slutt?
- Loial til Rand, Verdens Øye

It is the merest truism that choices are assessed in terms of the range of likely consequences. We understand the truism very well when considering the actions of official enemies but find it hard to apply to ourselves.
- Noam Chomsky, Hegemony or Survival

In systems of law that are intended to be taken seriously, coerced acquiescence is invalid. In international affairs, it is honored as diplomacy.
- Noam Chomsky, Hegemony or survival

Problemet med religion er at man doper hjernen slik at man ikke greier å tenke rasjonelt.
- Arve Meisingset, leserbrev i Klassekampen 10.04.06

The mind is its own place and in itself
can make a heaven of hell, and a hell of heaven
- Satan, John Miltons "Paradise Lost"

Read any books what ever come into thy hands, for thou art sufficient both to judge aright, and to examine each matter.
- Gud, i en åpenbaring/visjon til Dionysius Alexandrinus, rundt år 240. Sitert som i John Miltons "Aeropagitica"

Truth is compar'd in Scripture to a streaming fountain; if her waters flow not in a perpetuall progression, they sick'n into a muddy pool of conformity and tradition.
- John Milton, Aeropagitica

The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardin of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to them selves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest.
- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
stefan_hoy
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by stefan_hoy »

"Penger lukter ikke"

Dette sa den første romerske keiser av det Flaviske dynasti; Flavius Vespasian til sin sønn Titus da sistenevnte klaget over farens avgiftspolitikk vedrørende Romas offentlige latriner. Et sitat som for øvrig har blitt brukt ofte i historien for å rettferdiggjøre former for "skitten økonomi".
..ellers kan De kalle meg Hoy.
Torbjørn
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Torbjørn »

I motsetnad til Terje har eg ikkje noko sitatbok, men kan finne fram eit par. Til dømes eitt frå ein skifilm eg nett såg. Micah Black om gode snøforhold i Sveits:

"Swiss champagne pow! What else could go right? I feel like I just got laid and I lost a bunch of weight"

(Pow = powder = puddersnø, for dei som ikkje skjønte den.)

Og eit par til frå film/TV-verda:
"No corner is too small to cut!"
(Anonymous Director)

"If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!"
(Anonymous AE)

Edit: Kom på at eg blanda litt i det fyrste sitatet. Skal stå "champagne", ikkje "precision". Grunnen til forvekslinga var at det er eit liknande utsagn (swiss precision champagne) i traileren. Og so var det ein liten skrivefeil der og...
Last edited by Torbjørn on Thu May 04, 2006 14:57, edited 2 times in total.
Moiraine Sedai
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Moiraine Sedai »

Likte den siste, passer perfekt til meg. Du har vel ikke noe imot at jeg bruker den som signatur?
. . .
Wolfbrother
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Wolfbrother »

Hvis menn kunne bli gravide, ville abort ha vært et sakrament.
-Kenneddy

Lær å adlyde før du tenker på å befale.
-Solon

Jeg er fremdeles ateist, gudskjelov.
-Bunuel

Stol ikke på en som ikke mister fattningen ved synet av et vakkert kvinnebryst.
-Renoir

Overlat hatet til de som er for svak til å elske.
-Cantillo

Anne Boleyn: "ìkke i kveld, kjære, jeg har så vondt i hodet."
Henrik VIII: "Det skal vi snart ordne."
-Harding (denne var litt morsom for de som tokk den, syntes jeg)
For once you have tasted flight you will
walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward;
for there you have been,
and there you long to return.
Simen
Ta’veren
Ta’veren

Post by Simen »

Moiraine Sedai wrote:Likte den siste, passer perfekt til meg. Du har vel ikke noe imot at jeg bruker den som signatur?
Tror han helst ser at du gir han kreditten, og ikke Loki men.... :wink:
Kneel and swear to the Ta'veren, or you will be knelt.
Torbjørn
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Torbjørn »

Berre bruk den, eg har ikkje akkurat opphavsrett. (Ikkje Loki heller, for den saks skuld...)
Moiraine Sedai
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Moiraine Sedai »

Unnskyld, jeg mente selfølgelig deg, incanus.
. . .
Terje
Den Gjenfødte Dragen
Den Gjenfødte Dragen

Post by Terje »

Kom forresten på et sitat til. Dette ble sagt av en av Norges mest brukte valgforskere (altså av media :P), under ei forelesning om partienes forhold til EU ved folkeavstemninga i 1994:

"Helt på tampen av 1994-valgkampen kom Carl I. Hagen på banen med en uttalelse om at partiet var positivt til EU. Han begrunna det med at EU ville bidra til å holde Europa kristent og hvitt."

:P
- Verg., Aen., 3.315.
aviendha
Hengiven
Hengiven

Post by aviendha »

hehe :lol: Den var morsom.
Thomdril
Asha’man
Asha’man

Post by Thomdril »

Herlig! Sitater er morsomt!! Her er ep par fra en av mine personlige helter, Al Bundy:

* I'm not paying for mistakes.
I've been doing that since I got married.

* It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's
a stinking waste of time.

* If God had wanted women to play ball,
he would've made them men.

* I'm jealous of everyone not married to you.

* This is my week off, so pack up,
get the kids and I'll see you in a week.

* We all have to live with our disappointments...
I have to sleep with mine.

Er det ikke rørende hvor mye han elsker familien sin? :lol:
Who's that riding into the sun.
Who's the man with the itchy gun.
Who's the man who kills for fun!
Psy-cho Dad. Psycho Dad. Psycho Dad!
He sleeps with a gun, but he loves his son.
Killed his wife 'cause she weighed a ton... Psycho Dad!
Torbjørn
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Torbjørn »

Kom på noko eg fann på eit anna forum ein gong. Mange gullkorn her.
Top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics (2004) that they would like to take back wrote:Weightlifting commentator:
"This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

Dressage commentator:
"This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Paul Hamm, Gymnast:
"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

Boxing Analyst:
"Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them are really that serious."

Softball announcer:
"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

Basketball analyst:
"He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

At the rowing medal ceremony:
"Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

Soccer commentator:
"Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

Tennis commentator:
"One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"
Wolfbrother
Den Fortapte
Den Fortapte

Post by Wolfbrother »

:lol: De var hysterisk bra incanus :D nr 2, 6, 8 og 9 var best etter min smak, men alle var morsomme :P
For once you have tasted flight you will
walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward;
for there you have been,
and there you long to return.